"PIMP YOUR BOOTROOM"
This April we are all about PIMPING up that neglected boot room of yours and giving it a little Spring spruce. The hallway is one of the most used spaces of the house, yet we seem to pay little attention to it and it’s probably calling out for some TLC. It’s the place that over the past year has probably got the most viewings, it’s been a place to talk to neighbours, collect ANOTHER Amazon parcel from the post man and it gives people their first impression of your house. I mean I’m not sure the Postie really cares but I know Karen down the road definitely is interested, so let’s make sure we present visitors with a stylish, clutter free zone and fingers crossed they will believe it echoes the rest of the house.
It’s a place where wear and tear is common, kids shoes EVERYWHERE, MUD trampled in from outside, DOG HAIR (the bain of my life) and muddy prints. It’s essentially a dumping ground where we unload all of the toot we have carried around with us, so we can leave the hallway and enter our houses feeling light and airy! Leaving a bomb site behind, who knew the school run could leave so much damage. So, you need to avoid this chaos (as none of us want that extra stress in our lives) and ensure you have a sleek, organised space with plenty of beautiful storage.
I hope you are well and are enjoying the easing of restrictions. It’s almost strange to say that, as lockdown was beginning to feel so normal, CRAZY! Anyway, I hope you are having sunny meals and drinks out with groups of friends and family. What a long time we have waited!
Like every month we will be giving away all our secrets with our top tips and tricks! This month it’s how to improve your hallway/ boot room.
- If EVERYTHING has a place, I mean everythinggg you will find your space magically tidying itself and you will no longer be losing your keys just before you need to leave the house, I PROMISE.
- STORAGE, STORAGE, STORAGE - ensuring you have enough storage to house everything and more, is important and will help step one come into action.
- Use mirrors, yes, they are brill for checking you’ve got no lunch still smothered around your face, but hallways tend to be quite small, narrow and thin spaces so adding a mirror can make your space feel mahhooosiveeeee!
- Good lighting- as you all probably know good lighting can make the world of difference. Hallways tend to be quite dark areas of the house, so try to keep paint colours light and bright! However, don’t be afraid to go bold with colour, a small space its fab for going a little crazy, and it’s somewhere where you won’t have to stare at it all day, if it turns out on the second day you hate it!
- Choose a hardy good quality paint one that can withstand the scuffs, smears and smudges of day-to-day life and that is wipeable (life saver).
- To add a homely touch to what can be quite a boring, bleak space a funky rug or runner can be a fun way to add colour without taking up any much-needed space, also having a fun doormat (seen some great ones over in Oliver Bonas). Practical and look great!
- Keep it minimal, try not to overcrowd and try to keep things off the ground. Our hooks and shelves are great for elevating the space and making sure you have as much floor space as possible.
9. Seating: if you have space, then seating can be a useful addition to a hallway. It could be the perfect spot to escape the chaos of the house to relax and read, somewhere to chat on the phone or simply a space to wait for others to put their shoes on (which I spend half my life doing). Our benches our great as you could fit three little bottoms on them nicely, and it takes up a lot less space than three chairs.
VERY annoying to leave it on 9 but I suppose 10 would be our products here at Tiffany Jayne Designs. Many of our products were designed specifically for the hallway/ boot room/ porch whatever you want to call it! So, we really do want to show them off to you as we think they fit the criteria perfectly and in our opinion are pretty FAB!
Our Rustic, chic apple crate shelves offer excellent storage for any cluttered home.
You also have the option to have coat hooks attached or just the hooks by themselves if space is tight. Our coat hooks have a lovely high end feel about them with quality brass hooks.
I would highly recommend having coat hooks if you haven’t got them already not just for coats but for anything and everything, masks, dog leads, shopping bags, the list goes on. We have designed them to complement our storage stools and benches to make a complete set, however this piece also works beautifully on its own. We feel they make a really functional, statement piece, and can work in places other than the hallway, such as cloakrooms, children’s bedrooms, or utility rooms. We have two sizes: a small one crate shelf or a double, so depending on your space you are sorted.
Our storage benches and boxes, with their lift up lids, couldn’t be more perfect for your hallway, boot room. You can hide all manner of things in these boxes, and no one will know, we recommend shoes though! The storage boxes have a lovely upholstered cushioned seat, perfect for putting your shoes on, instead of using the stairs and getting in the way of stampeding children.
Our Hallway storage sets offer a really sleek organised look and tie the space together beautifully. Having character attached to a home is really important and having something unique and special adds a personal touch. Here at Tiffany Jayne’s, we can personalise our boxes with your name or we can make up any of our products in any fabric that you provide.
Wow! I think we are all hallway experts now! I really hope this has helped give you some ideas on how to “PIMP your Boot room”. I have to say if I was to recommend one thing from our list of tips and tricks it would be to invest in some fabulous storage solutions and here at Tiffany Jaynes, I think we have that covered!
To help save you some cashola we are doing a 10% discount on all hallway furnishings for this April, and with the pubs now open, with the money you have saved you can go buy yourself a few drinks in a pub garden LOVELY!!!
Thank you for reading, best wishes,