I hope you are all keeping safe and well,
Today we are coming to you with ideas and tips for how to get your garden and outdoor space Spring and Summer ready! Enlisting the help from our fab, stylish yet practical apple crate outdoor furniture range.
With the glorious Monday 29th March in sight, allowing outdoor gatherings we have lots to look forward to. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for evening fire pits, tanning my ghostly body until I'm burnt to a crisp ( I don’t recommend! ), balmy evening drinks around our bar table, alfresco dinners, BBQS and sunny lunches. With this is mind NOW, yes now is the perfect time to go outside and get your garden ‘spring, summer ready’ and in good shape to receive guests again or just for you!
Our top tips for creating a Spring / Summer outdoor haven:
- Good combination of style and practicality- We all know the British weather can be seriously unpredictable! So, choosing pieces that are durable and that won’t just last one summer are worth the investment.
- Fire pits- over the last couple of years we have regularly set light to our fire pit; it’s great for those summer evenings when it’s just too nice to go inside, it keeps you and your guests lovely and toasty and gives off a great festival vibe, especially when we can’t move the gathering inside until a few weeks later. We bought a large circular griddle for ours so it can be doubled up as a BBQ, its fab!
- Area of shade - When we are blessed with a scorcher of a day it’s important to have shade whether that be by the use of plants, trees or sail shades. Creating a quiet cool space perfect for reading.
- Bringing the inside out - With all of us being stuck indoors all this time it’s nice to bring some familiarity out with us! Ha-ha! By bringing cushions, blankets and rugs out it can create a really lovely, homely boho feel. Just remember to bring it all in! Also saves a lot of CASHOLA, why buy outdoor cushions when we already have so many inside!
- Fairy lights – I don’t know about you, but twinkly LED lights can work miracles, lighting up your outside space beautifully. You can get some really great solar powered ones that turn on automatically and look FAB.
- Get planting! – March is the perfect time to get your green fingers in action. Start planting your bedding plants, sowing seeds and your garden will look magical in the upcoming months, hopefully bringing bees and gorgeous smells along with it. Magnolia, Blossom and Rose are all great to go in now if you're in need of filling a larger space.
- Herb garden - A great addition to a garden, easy to maintain, can be used for all the summery, delicious cuisine, or cocktails and makes you feel like you’re in the South of France, filling you garden with the most gorgeous aromas!
- Invest in some good quality stylish furniture (preferably Tiffany Jayne designs! ;)) – We have invested the time in making our gardens look beautiful, let’s make sure we have the furniture to match! We are all looking forward to spending time with our friends, let’s make sure it is in style! Treat yourself to a little extra comfort, design and durability this year.
Our outdoor apple crate furniture collection brings both functionally and vibrance to your outdoor space. We offer a lovely bright coral red for those who wish to inject some colour into their lives, a lovely deep navy blue and a creamy white for those who love the sleek look and don’t worry, white can raise alarm bells with those sticky ice lollies about! But all our fabrics can be WIPED! Our outdoor furniture is made using vintage style apple crates, they are raised off the ground with rubber feet to prevent the wood sitting on wet surfaces, the lids are hinged and upholstered in 12-ounce canvas which is a Polyester / Cotton mix. This fabric is perfect for use outside due to it being flame retardant, water, rot and mildew resistant. All our apple crate furniture opens up which makes them perfect for tidying away garden tools, outdoor toys, logs for the fire pit, cushions, blankets, magazines, dog toys or BBQ utensils - the list goes on!
All of our products work great in any space small or large as the wooden base allows them to fit in more with the natural settings that surround.
Having an outdoor bar can be a really fun way to entertain guests. Our bar stools are perfect for transporting you to your favourite beach bar abroad. They are also good for those higher raised tables or for little ones who need that extra boost at the table. Another great thing about these is the higher the stool the more storage, so more space to hide things!
We then have our storage benches and stools, these are perfect for your average outdoor table or on their own in a cluster like below.
Finally, our footstools are the perfect addition to your favourite reading chair and the long are perfect for those who are good at sharing (can't say I am!). They make a perfect outdoor ottoman, where you can place your books, wine, and nibbles on to enjoy in the sun! And if you’re feeling really boujee and you’re a keen gardener, one of our footstools would make a perfect cushioned kneeling stool to tackle those pesky raised beds, and a place to store your trowel and gloves.
The variety of height in our range makes it really nice to mix and match a good combo, maybe a storage bench and footstool. I also think it’s fun to mix and match with the colours to add interest and inject some colour to darker shady spots in your outdoor space.
I hope this helps somewhat; we are FINALLY, soon to be out of lockdown. It’s great to have a target to focus and look forward to - before you know it, we will be celebrating in our beautiful gardens with friends and family and a few too many Pimm’s, SOAKING UP THOSE RAYS!
To help you whip your outdoor space into shape for the exciting and special times ahead – we are offering a 10% discount code across our outdoor range using the code OUTDOOR10 for the whole of March! So, let’s bring on Spring and Summer we're ready!
Warmest wishes xo,